Mobile Web App
About event and conference Applications ("event mobile apps")
Mobile apps for multi-day events can now be viewed via supported mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets. The mobile app is made available prior to the event and updated as required.
Our mobile apps assist delegates to find their way to relevant sessions / venues at the large events and to stay up to date with breaking tax news.
Mobile apps include:
- all the information available in the printed brochure (such as session descriptions, times, speaker biographies etc.)
- additional features, such as the ability to view sessions run concurrently or additional sessions being run by a particular speaker
- news feeds that allow delegates to easily stay up to date with any breaking news in tax during the event (whilst away from the office).
Accessing event mobile apps
1) Visit on http://m.taxinstitute.com.au on a compatible mobile device (or Google Chrome), and click on the icon corresponding with the event you wish to view.
2) If you have an:
- Apple – (optional) install the application by following the instructions that appear to create an icon on your device's desktop that you can use to access the application in future
- Android – (optional) create a bookmark in your device’s web browser.
3) Launch the app (by either clicking on its icon or bookmark) and click on what interests you. Options include viewing:
- session level detail
- sessions by stream eg. Corporate Stream sessions
- speaker biographies
- concurrent sessions for a given time
- other sessions presented by the same speaker (if applicable)
- session materials (where available).
To give feedback on the mobile application or to recommend additional features you would like to see, contact us.
Event apps are only created for selected for the major multi-day events only and at the discretion of the organising State. Please contact the event organiser State organising the event if in doubt. If you know that there is an app for your event but cannot see it, it may not be published yet (apps are generally made available at leaste three weeks prior to the start of an event).
Event organisers endeavour to have the materials available one week prior to an event. However, some sessions (rarely) may not have accompanying presentations or papers. This will be the case if the speaker does not provide them or does not provide them in a timely manner. Apps are updated periodically (including post event) as with all available materials become available.
To ensure you are viewing the latest version of an app you may need to clear your browser's history
Only registered delegates have access to download materials. The username and password required are the same as you use for the our main website, http://www.taxinstitute.com.au. If you have forgotten your username or password, you can reset it yourself. Alternatively, please contact Membership and Customer Services on (02) 8223 0060.
Usually, refreshing the web page whilst in the app suffices to ensure you are viewing the latest version, but if that doesn't work, you may need to cDepending on settings, some devices and web browsers cache websites which may prevent you from seeing the latest versions of our event apps. Clear your ing cache and cookies ensures you are viewing the latest versions. The steps required vary by device.
The steps required vary by device. This process will log you out of any websites you are currently logged into on your device. Usually, refreshing the web page whilst in the app suffices to ensure you are viewing the latest version, but if that doesn't work, please use the following.
Instructions covering the most common devices and web browsers follow below. If your device is not listed and you continue to have issues despite adapting these instructions for your device, please "Google" "how do I clear my cache and cookies for device name, operating system name).
This process will log you out of any websites you are currently logged into on your device.
Clearing cache and cookies in iPad and iPhone (Safari web browser and iOS7) From the device's Settings screen:
- 1. Tap on the Safari icon to display Safari's settings.
- 2. Tap clear History and then Clear to confirm.
- 3. Tap Clear Cookies and Data and then Clear to confirm.
- 4. Reload/refresh the app within Safari.
Clearing cache and cookies in Android
The following is documented for the Samsung Galaxy II phone with default web browser. Instructions for specific Android devices and browsers are beyond the scope of these instructions. The process should be generic enough to apply to the majority of Android devices and browsers, but if you are unable to adapt these instructions to your device, please consult Google and/or your vendor's documentation.
- 1. From the web browser, tap the = icon and then Settings.
- 2. Tap Privacy and security.
- 3. Tap Clear cache and then OK to confirm.
- 4. Tap Clear all cookie data and then OK to confirm.
- 5. Reload (refresh) the app.