Tax Research Sessions
2 CPD Hours
The two hour Tax Research Sessions have been introduced to empower industry professionals to utilise the web effectively to access technical tax information.
Do you rely on Google to do your searches for you?
Typing in a search term in Google doesn’t tap into the wealth of knowledge available from industry specific websites. The Tax Research sessions provide an opportunity for you or someone in your team to learn a tax librarian’s secrets to web researching.
If you regularly advise clients and need commentary and analysis to assist you, then the Tax Research session is a suitable learning opportunity. The sessions introduce new techniques for locating specific tax information from the vast array of content available via the internet.
Quick list of benefits
- Tips on how to better utilise the Internet as a research tool and best practice techniques for searching tax related websites
- A detailed understanding of effective web browsing and advanced search tips and traps
- A list of the industry’s key website addresses and an insight into searching each of these to get the best search results
- A thorough understanding of what is available to you via The Tax Institute’s website, with over 65,000 articles and papers in a knowledge base that is growing daily
- 2 CPD Hours towards your professional development
- A reference book to take back to the office to keep on hand and share with your colleagues.
There are public sessions offered in each state and private sessions available for groups. Students of the Chartered Tax Adviser Program are also offered this session as an optional component of their studies.
The sessions are facilitated by The Tax Institute’s web and research specialists. Our Senior Librarian has extensive experience in business, tax and legal research, was previously the legal librarian for a major Australian banking institution and manages our free research services to Members; Taxline. Our eBusiness Manager has been closely involved with The Tax Institute's website for over four years and has managed many upgrades and additions to the site's functionality. Prior to that she managed an intranet for a large multinational organisation.
Click here to view our Tax Research Session brochure and to register your interest.